A Poor Boy's Meal



A Poor Boy's Meal

Now I know some of you may be asking me what in the heck is a poor boy's meal. Well it is super simple to make and is probably one of my favorite comfort food's ever. It is also very budget friendly!


I remember being at a friend's house and she said dinner is ready and I asked what's for dinner? She yelled out a poor boy's meal and I was very confused. Once I went in to get my bowl of it I was amazed at how good a 3 ingredients meal was able to be.  Now this meal has made it's way to our meal plan almost once a week. It is that good! 

Ingredients
1 lbs of Butterball turkey sausage polska kielbasa
4 to 5 potatoes
1 Small Onion
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tbsp Paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 cup olive oil (or whatever oil you have)



Directions 
1. Cut up your turkey polish kielbasa in slices. Set aside.

2. Peel and cut potatoes into small chunks. Set aside.
3. Peel and cut onion up. Set aside.

4. In a large pan with a lid place turkey kielbasa, potatoes, onions, and all your seasonings and oil so that it doesn't stick.

5. Cook with lid on for about 20 mins, stirring often. You will know when it is done by the softness of your potatoes.

Once it is done you can choose to garnish the meal with cheese and green onions if you please you don't have to that is just what my family likes to do. You can also serve with a side of vegetables of your choosing.


I hope you enjoy this recipe just as much as my family and I do. Don't forget to comment if you like the recipe or if you tried it out. Also don't forget to subscribe so you get a notification when I post another blog. Don't forget, Stay Awesome. Stay Southern. Stay Beautiful. 


Comments