6 Cleaning Tips That Will Change Your Cleaning




  • Create a Cleaning Schedule. 



I can't tell you how much better this has made my weekly cleaning routine. I follow it and my house stays clean throughout the week, and I don't get overwhelmed by so much cleaning in one day. I think this schedule would work for those who work out of the home as well because there aren't that many tasks you have to do, but if you can't get one of the week days done you can always do them on a Saturday or Sunday. That is why I leave those open, but if you get every thing done on the week days you can have your Saturday and Sunday to just relax. 
  • After cleaning your toilet bowl, put your toilet bowl scrubber under toilet seat to dry.

I discovered this about a year ago when I was watching a youtube video by Tara Henderson. I never thought to do this for some odd reason. I can't tell you how much this helps, and then once it is dry, I just put it back in its container. 
  • Vacuum daily (especially if you have dogs). 
I don't know if this makes my life easier but it does keep my house and carpet looking good because when you have three dogs and three guys that like the outdoors you will find yourself vacuuming and sweeping on the daily. Now I won't lie to you, sometimes I forget or I just get so busy that I can't do it. That is why the weekly cleaning schedule helps a lot so at least you are getting it done. 
  • Try and space out loads of laundry so you don't get overwhelmed with a "laundry day".
I used to take my Sundays and would dedicate it to what I called "laundry day". I would do, at the most, 5 to 6 loads in one day. It would take my entire day to do all the laundry, but I found if I space it out through out my week, I get all my laundry done but I don't have to take out a whole entire day just to do laundry, and my Sundays are for laying around and being lazy. 
  • Find cleaning products that you love and work for your family.


I have finally found all the products that I love and that work for my house. Some products are chemical free, but some are just some old time favorites that my mother used and they just work so why change them. Anything that my dogs or family might come in contact with I try and keep chemical free, but something like the toilet I make sure they are super-duper clean. You just have to find the products that you love and that work for you. I will link all the products that are in the photo below.

Method Hard Floor Cleaner
Method All Purpose Cleaner
Method Daily Shower Cleaner
Great Value Disinfecting Wipes
The Works Toilet Bowl Cleaner  You can also purchase this at Wal-Mart 
Great Value Glass Cleaner
  • Clean with your favorite music.
I have to be honest, my mom recommended this to me and now I do it every time I am cleaning because cleaning in a silent room can get really boring and start to feel like a chore. Now I can have fun and clean while I sing a long to my favorite music. I will link my Spotify down below so you can access my cleaning playlist. 
Cleaning Playlist- Spotify

Stay Awesome. Stay Southern. Stay Beautiful 

Comments