Grocery Shopping Tips



·      Plan your meals! My husband gets paid by-weekly so I shop twice a month. That is just works for my family. I plan my meals for each day of that pay period. I do this so that I know what we are having each day. This step works for me because it helps me only buy for those dinners and not just getting a bunch of random items that I may or may not use. Trust me when you have when you have a bunch of mouths to feed this step will make your life a lot easier so you’re not scrambling around trying to come up for dinner ideas. As a bonus I will list some recipes that I recommend and that my gang loves. Now for your other meals like breakfast and lunch my family is pretty basic and will eat cereal and sandwiches for lunch, but we buy what we need for those other meals on top of the dinner recipes that I plan out.



·      Plan your grocery list! You can categorize by isles for example: produce, dairy, meat, frozen, baking, canned & jarred, condiments, drinks, cleaning, personal, paper, and miscellaneous. I will post a picture of how I like to plan out my grocery list that helps me stay organized.


·      Eat before you go! If you are anything like me and you go to the grocery store on an empty stomach you will crave everything in the entire store. I sometimes will take a snack just in case. Grocery shopping can take a good while if you have a lot to get, unfortunately.

·      Have a budget! When it was only my husband and I we got away with $50 every two weeks. My friends always freak out and ask me how I get away with just 50 a week that they can’t believe that. My secrets are my husband is a hunter and we have completely switched from cutting beef out and eating just deer so the only meat I usually have to buy is chicken and pork. You just have to budget yourself if you need a budget friendly menu I will post my bi-weekly menu as well. Now that my husband’s buddies are temporarily living with us our grocery bill has gone up to $170 every two weeks! You can determine your budget once you try this system once or twice.

·      Shop at Aldi! If you have never visited your local Aldi you will be surprised at their prices. This past grocery trip I purchased milk for $1.45 and eggs for .50 cents a dozen and a 10lb bag of potatoes for $1.97. You have to catch their deals when they have them.



I hope this list of ideas help you on your next grocery shopping trip. Let me know in the comments below if y'all would like to see a blog post on how to create a budget. I would also love to hear your thoughts about the tips, do you have some tips that I might not have listed let me know in the comments below but for not Stay Awesome. Stay Southern. Stay Beautiful. 

Comments